The National Hockey League released it’s national television schedule today and, unless you turn down your TV, and turn up your radio, it looks like we’ll be hearing even less of RJ and Harry than we expected to on Buffalo Sabres’ broadcasts.
The NBC Sports Network (aka Versus) has decided on 10 Sabres games to televise. This includes 2 Monday night games (including a March 5th tilt at Winnipeg) and one Tuesday night game vs. Tampa Bay. Something new that NSN will be doing is a “Game of the week”, which will air on Wednesday nights, and will feature the Sabres a league-high seven times.
Also, the team will air twice on regular NBC this season, with the second of the two games being part of NBC’s flex scheduling, meaning that if the network decides it doesn’t want to show the game, it will be broadcast on NSN (Versus).
The Sabres also have a Friday Dec. 2nd matchup against the Detroit Red Wings that will be shown on NHL network. It is unclear at this time if that game will be shown on MSG as well, meaning that the NHL network broadcast would be blacked out locally.
Television rights. Funny things. I had Dish Network for the first 2 months of last year’s season, which meant no MSG for my household. I was watching all of the games online, and that’s why it only lasted 2 months. I said goodbye, and good riddance, to Dish. But, not before I made their lives a living hell with phone calls, e-mails and live chats with customer service. Every day. Sometimes more than once a day.
And they had the gall to ask me for an early-cancellation fee. Ha! Good one, Dish!
Here’s a link to the press release from the Sabres on their national television schedule. According to team President Ted Black, all 82 games this season will be televised, and the the team will reportedly release a local schedule next week.
- Follow us on Twitter in fact, don’t just follow us. Follow who I follow and who follows me. You’d be amazed at what you can learn about the Sabres, and how many laughs you can have. Oh and that’s just @sabrenoise, also follow @dansterlace, @Megan_Colleen_, and @Lardsy
- Join us on Faceboook! Visit the SabreNoise Page or on the Network Blogs App
- Check out our main NHL site. Too Many Men. It’s a daily dose of hockey from around the league.
- Have you hear Rink Side Rants yet? It’s a weekly live podcast that airs on Sunday nights at 9 PM. It’s like a fireside chat with me and Frank from The Rat Trick about hockey and whatever else is going on.
- Interested in writing for SabreNoise? Shoot me an email at[email protected]. Another hockey team your forte? Email[email protected]. If it’s another sport you interested in writing about,[email protected] will get you started.