With September finally approaching, and hockey season around the corner, many scribes are fine tuning their keyboards and getting ready for some serious hockey talk. The Buffalo Sabres, for the first time in a helluva long time, are front and center when it comes to banter around the NHL.
Lately, much of the talk has been predictions, forecasts, hopes and dreams. But, there is still some business to be done down at 1 Seymour H. Knox III Plaza. The Sabres have to comply with the rules of the salary cap, and shed about $3.5 million.
There is much debate amongst hockey fans everywhere how they are going to accomplish this, whether it’s to trade a few guys for prospects and/or picks, or bury a couple salaries in the AHL. Lyle Richardson of The Hockey News recently had a very interesting article that I thought I’d share with everyone.
Start the debates now!
- Follow us on Twitter in fact, don’t just follow us. Follow who I follow and who follows me. You’d be amazed at what you can learn about the Sabres, and how many laughs you can have. Oh and that’s just @sabrenoise, also follow @dansterlace, @Megan_Colleen_, and @Lardsy
- Join us on Faceboook! Visit the SabreNoise Page or on the Network Blogs App
- Check out our main NHL site. Too Many Men. It’s a daily dose of hockey from around the league.
- Have you hear Rink Side Rants yet? It’s a weekly live podcast that airs on Sunday nights at 9 PM. It’s like a fireside chat with me and Frank from The Rat Trick about hockey and whatever else is going on.
- Interested in writing for SabreNoise? Shoot me an email at[email protected]. Another hockey team your forte? Email[email protected]. If it’s another sport you interested in writing about,firstname.lastname@example.org will get you started.