Dave’s a little under the weather tonight, so while he enjoys the game and self medicates; here’s my knee jerk reactions to tonights game:
- Jose Theodore needs to have movie night at his house for the Florida Panthers. What should he show? The Buffalo Sabres vs. Montreal Canadiens game from Tuesday night. The Florida Panthers played much better tonight against the Buffalo Sabres, than the Sabres did against Montreal, yet Buffalo was able to come out with a win. Why? Goaltending. Theodore kept Florida alive in this contest. Panthers offense just couldn’t get enough pressure.
- Ok, so I am not against Jason Pominville wearing the “C”. He does things his way, he’s the silent leader that deals with things in a very mature manner. On the ice however, the Sabres are getting leadership from a couple of sources, something the team was hoping for. Vanek is leading the offense, and Gaustad has now bloodied two opponents. How can you not be excited about this team?
- How good is Thomas Vanek; yeah, he’s that good. You can’t expect him to continue this pace all season, but barring any major slump – he’s going to be among the top scorers this year.
- Ryan Miller has rightfully earned a well deserved night off when the Sabres show up in Tampa Bay, but how can you sit a goaltender that is on absolue fire? He owned the Montreal game, keeping the Sabres in it long enough for them to get their legs under them, tonight it was lights out all night. 120 minutes, one goal – he has had some help, tonights defense was there.
- Ville Leino emerged tonight for exactly what he is worth. If your expecting him to be your number one center, your going to lose. Put him in the 2 spot, and let him pass all day long. The guy doesn’t like to shoot, let him play his game. Thats how he excelled in Philadelphia.
- What’s wrong with Weber that he can’t crack the lineup? In Lindy’s doghouse? We have been playing well, but the defense hasn’t been so lights out that you can’t get him in the lineup to keep the rust off.
Buffalo heads off the ice tonight and travels immediate to Tampa to face the Lightning on Saturday night.