There are multiple reports coming out of Montreal that, for the first time in his career, Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers is a healthy scratch for tonight’s game against the Montreal Canadiens.
Mike Weber, who has dressed for one game this season, will be taking Myers’ spot in the lineup.
Myers has been struggling mightily to try and find his game this season, posting only 4 assists and a minus 3 rating in 16 games thus far. However, it’s not the stat line that is so troubling with the former first round pick. It’s his indecision and mishandling of the puck, which often times has led to costly turnovers resulting in goals against.
This obviously isn’t a surprise, considering his poor play this season (including a minus 3 rating his last game), but nonetheless has to at least be a shock to Sabres fans used to seeing number 57 patrolling the blueline for Buffalo.
Credit Sabres coach Lindy Ruff for making a tough decision. Let’s hope this gets Myers’ head back to playing instinctive hockey.
- Follow us on Twitter in fact, don’t just follow us. Follow who I follow and who follows me. You’d be amazed at what you can learn about the Sabres, and how many laughs you can have. Oh and that’s just @sabrenoise, also follow @dansterlace, @Megan_Colleen_, and @Lardsy
- Join us on Faceboook! Visit the SabreNoise Page or on the Network Blogs App
- Check out our main NHL site. Too Many Men. It’s a daily dose of hockey from around the league.
- Have you hear Rink Side Rants yet? It’s a weekly live podcast that airs on Sunday nights at 9 PM. It’s like a fireside chat with me and Frank from The Rat Trick about hockey and whatever else is going on.
- Interested in writing for SabreNoise? Shoot me an email at[email protected]. Another hockey team your forte? Email[email protected]. If it’s another sport you interested in writing about,[email protected] will get you started.