For those of you in the middle of the MSG Network/Time Warner Cable dispute, here is a little bit of news for you. The MSG network and the Buffalo Sabres announced Sunday that the February 11th Sabres game vs. the Tampa Bay Lightning will air live on WGRZ-TV in Buffalo, and on WHEC-TV in Rochester, which will include a full post-game show.
MSG, obviously trying hard not to look like the bad guy in all of this, issued this statement:
“We are pleased that we have been able to work with WGRZ-TV, WHEC-TV and the Sabres to deliver this game to Sabres fans, who are among the most loyal and passionate in the NHL,” said Dan Ronayne, executive vice president and general manager, MSG Networks. “It is extremely unfortunate that the fans have been caught in the middle of this dispute and we continue to urge them to switch TV providers so they don’t miss any additional games.”
Sabres president Ted Black, among those with Time Warner Cable said,
“We are glad that MSG has found a way to offer this Sabres game to our fans on local television. We realize that fans have been in a tough spot since January 1st and we are hopeful that Time Warner Cable will engage in meaningful negotiations with MSG so that a deal can be reached to bring MSG’s networks and our games back to Time Warner Cable customers.”
As a former Dish Network Customer, I am very sympathetic to those customers who cannot view the games on TV. They left me in the dark in October 2010, and I left them without yet another customer a few weeks later. After repeated inquiries, live chats, emails and many nasty words, I saw no progress whatsoever, and found it in my best interest to move on. As it turns out, I was right to do so, since MSG still hasn’t returned to Dish Network, and most likely will not.
It’s always a case of “he said, she said”, but it seems to me that there is a common denominator in all of this: MSG.
Whatever happened to customer service?
- Follow us on Twitter. In fact, don’t just follow us. Follow who I follow and who follows me. You’d be amazed at what you can learn about the Sabres, and how many laughs you can have. Oh, and that’s just @sabrenoise, also follow @dansterlace, @Megan_Colleen_, and @Lardsy
- Join us on Faceboook! Visit the SabreNoise Page or on the Network Blogs App
- Check out our main NHL site, Too Many Men. It’s a daily dose of hockey from around the league.
- Have you heard Rink Side Rants yet? It’s a weekly live podcast that airs on Sunday nights at 9 PM. It’s like a fireside chat with me and Frank from The Rat Trick about hockey and whatever else is going on.
- Interested in writing for SabreNoise? Shoot me an email at [email protected]. Another hockey team your forte? Email [email protected]. If it’s another sport you interested in writing about, [email protected] will get you started.