Ladies and gentlemen, Buffalo Sabres fans and Sabre Noise readers: we have a new record-holder in the fans picks competition.
Newcomer Darius, who just so happens to be one of my students, absolutely killed it to the other night, as his 32 points set the gold standard for success in our friendly little fan picks sweepstakes.
Of course, in his first foray into the waters, he was completely shut out, so let’s all have some perspective here! Hot one night, stone cold the next – no one is safe around here!
As I promised, I have started to keep a record of everyone’s points, so here are the point totals so far:
We have some other readers who have only played once or twice, so I’m not going to embarrass them with low point totals. This is all for fun, after all, and the grand prize of a Fansided t-shirt to whomever winds up on top is just the icing on the cake, so don’t worry if you’re jumping in for the first time: make some picks, and join the fun!
Tonight’s questions to consider:
1. I’m going up the ladder on the over/under tonight: 7.5! Will the two teams combine to score 7 or less, or 8 or more? 4 pts.
2. Pick any five players from both teams. If you pick the player who nets the first goal, 10 points is yours to keep. Otherwise, you get 5 points for any player who scores (no double-dipping).
3. Pick the total number of shots on goal the Penguins launch. +7 for closest pick, and +4 to second best!
4. Cody Hodgson has scored at least one point in each of his last four games against the Penguins. Steve Ott enters tonight with a three-game points streak. Which of them has the most points tonight, and how many points will that be? +3 for picking the highest scorer, and +3 for picking the number of points.
5. Final score, and who wins? +4 for picking the winning team, and +7 to the person who is closest to the final COMBINED score.
Topics: Buffalo Sabres