Good evening, Sabre Noise readers!
With the Buffalo Sabres’ season officially over, it’s time to add up all of the scores from our friendly competition and . . . oh come on! They’re not done playing yet?
What?!? They play into April? We’ve got over two more months of watching them? I don’t know if I can take this.
Well, at least we have our nightly picks to keep things interesting. Let’s check out the standings as of Tuesday night’s game against the Capitals:
As you can see, wolfdoctor used a new site record 34 points (final score of 39 points after 5 point bonus for being the nightly highest score) to stretch his lead over JHizzle75. I have fallen into 4th, having seen fellow editor Caitlin Campbell sneak past me. Still, there’s lots of games left, with tons of points up for grabs. Let’s see where the points will come from tonight!
Questions to consider:
1. Tonight’s over under: 6.5. Will the combined score be 6 or less, or 7 or more? 4 pts.
2. Pick five players, from either team. (It doesn’t have to just be the Sabres, Darius!) 10 pts. for the player who scores first; 5 pts. for any player who scores after the first goal; 1 pt. for any additional goals a player scores; 20 pts. if a player nets a hat trick!
3. Who tallies the most shots on goal tonight, and by how many? 4 pts. for picking the team with the most SOG, 4 pts. for anyone who is within 5 goals of the actual difference in SOG.
4. Final score, and who wins? 4 pts. for picking winning team; 5 pts. for being closest to final combined score.
5. Christian Ehrhoff and Steve Ott are tied for the team lead in scoring against the Coyotes (they each have five goals and eleven assists against the Coyotes). Which one of them scores the most points tonight? Saying neither doesn’t count! 4 pts. for picking the player to score the most, and and an additional 7 pts. if you predict EXACTLY how that player scores.
All right – let’s get the picks in!
Topics: Buffalo Sabres