Afternoon, Buffalo Sabres fans!
I almost snoozed on this one, as I forgot we had a 3 p.m. start for a little bit. Thankfully, my internal alarm clock went off and I double-checked the schedule!
Our friendly competition is heating up, as we currently have 5 players with over 100 points, and another two who should crack the century mark today. I’m going to start handing big points for what I call the “Lightning Strikes!” categories, so who knows – with a little stroke of luck, you could find yourself streaking up the leaderboard!
Hey: speaking of points, I’ll give out an addition 25 pts. to anyone who wins for the first time tonight! Yep: if you have never come in first place, doing so tonight will get you your point total +five for coming in first + twenty-five bonus points!
Let’s get to the picks.
Questions to consider:
1. Colorado scores almost three goals per game, and the Sabres have found their offense lately, as well. Because of that, I set the over/under at 6.5. Will the two teams combine for 6 or under, or 7 or more? 5 pts.
2. You know the drill if you have done this before: pick five players, from either team. You’ll get 10 pts. if you pick the player who scores first, 5 points for any player who scores after the first goal, 1 point for each additional goal a player you selected scores, and 20 points if you pick a player who goes and gets a hat trick!
3. How many shots on goal will the Sabres have tonight? 7 pts. for closest pick, with 4 pts. for second-best.
4. Drew Stafford has 8 points in his last four games against Colorado. Tyler Ennis was the feature of the most recent Beyond Blue and Gold. Which of these two guys gets more points (you may not pick a tie!)? +5 for picking the right player, and an additional 5 for picking EXACTLY how that player gets his points.
5. Final score, and who wins? +4 for picking winning team, +5 for being the closest to the combined score.
All right: we have a little over an hour, so get your picks in!!!!!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres