I almost feel bad for making everyone make picks for the Sabres-Avalanche game; sitting through that mess just to see how well you did in our friendly competition doesn’t sound very friendly to me.
But hey – I endured yesterday’s “Super” Bowl in order to see if I won any money, so I guess we suck it up and do what we can!
Hopefully, tonight’s game is a little easier to digest, as the Edmonton Oilers are languishing at the bottom of the Western Conference, having only accumulated 4 more points than the Buffalo Sabres.
By the way: since Dano and wolfdoctor tied Saturday, I didn’t get a chance to hand out 25 bonus points to a first-time winner. (I also realized I need a tie-breaker system!) So tonight I’ll UP the ante: 30 points to someone who wins for the first time tonight. If you have never played, those 30 points will help you close the gap between your newbie self and the top of the leaderboard, so come join the fun!
So, what are we looking at for tonight?
Questions to consider:
1. I’m tempted to set the over/under at zero – I dare you terrible teams to score! I won’t do that, though, so let’s set it at 5.5. Will the two teams combine to score 5 or under, or 6 or more? 5 pts.
2. Pick five players, assembled from both teams. If one of your players scores first: +10. Other goal scorers get you 5 pts., with 1 point for every additional goal scored. 20 pts. if a player gets a hattie!
3. How many hits will the Sabres dish out tonight? +7 for closest pick; +4 for second-best.
4. Cody Hodgson has tallied 10 points in 11 games; Tyler Ennis is riding a three-game points streak; Steve Ott has six points in his last seven games. So :which defenseman will have the most points tonight? (Ah-ha! Misdirection!) +5 for picking the blueliner with the most points; an additional 7 pts. for picking exactly how he got those points.
5. Who wins, and what will the combined final score be? +5 for winning team; +7 for closest to combined score.
Let’s go Buffalo!!!!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres