Hmm – are there any other sounds I could use to describe the atrocious fan pick results we saw Monday night when the Buffalo Sabres “battled” against the Edmonton Oilers? Only two players in our friendly game managed to crack 20 points Monday, with our very own Andrew Amerk going for 21 and reader/student Darius winning bragging rights with 22!
Here’s our current standings:
wolfdoctor – 222
JHizzle75 – 193
Caitlin Campbell – 176
Andrew – 171
Rich – 171
Dano – 164
Jes – 161
Darius – 142
Labatt – 71
Cory – 63
Kevin – 54
Any one under 100 points: relax! I’m giving out 50 bonus points if you play and come in first OR second tonight! We don’t want readers feeling like they can’t get in on the fun because of the totals, so if you haven’t played in a while, or ever, get in the game today!
Questions to consider:
1. Last time I set the over/under for the Penguins and Sabres game way too high. Still, given the potential of Pittsburgh’s offense, I can’t go too low. Hmmm, how about 5.5. Do the two teams combine to score 5 or under, or 6 or over? 5 pts.
2. Extra player alert!!!! Pick any 6 players for tonight’s game. (Ugh – that makes it so much more difficult for me – what am I thinking?) +10 if you pick the player who scores first. +5 for any other players that score. +1 for every additional goal a player scores. +20 if one of your players gets a hattie. Whew!
3. Ryan Miller is 6-1-1 in his last eight home games, with a save percentage of .943 in that span. What will his save percentage be tonight, within .01? +5 to anyone who is within a hundredth of his actual save percentage.
4. Both Cody Hodgson and Steve Ott have 11 points in their last twelve games. Meanwhile, Drew Stafford has notched at least one point in his five home games. Of these three guys, who gets the most shots on goal tonight? Ha ha! +5 pts.
5. Who wins, and what will the final combined score be? +5 for winner, +7 for closest to combined score.
Let’s do this!!!!