Well, I think we all saw last night’s results coming.
The fact that the Buffalo Sabres were able to keep the Pittsburgh Penguins’ offense relatively in check when they met in Pittsburgh a week ago was nice to see, but one can only expect so much of Ryan Miller, and last night, the Penguins’ all-stars had their way with a Sabres team that is clearly out of its league when it comes to face the big boys of the NHL.
I know my feelings about the game panned out, to the tune of a personal-best 42 points. Too bad I still came in second, to Jes’ 47! Eh, it was still a good night’s work.
Once again, I’m offering 50 bonus points to anyone who has than 100 points in our current standings! New players, or players who have only played occasionally, come in first or second tonight and reap the reward!
Let’s see what we have for tonight!
Question to consider:
1. Three games. Three 2-1 finishes. Because of that, tonight’s over/under is 4.5 goals. Will the two teams combine to score 4 or under, or 5 or more? 5 pts.
2. Pick five scorers. 10 points for picking the game’s first goal. 10 points for picking the GAME WINNING goal scorer (including a possible shootout). 5 points for any player who scores outside of the first goal or the game winner. 20 points if one of your picks gets a hat trick.
3. Drew Stafford leads all Sabres with 24 career points against the Senators, and he has scored 7 points over his last six games. How many shots and points does he get tonight? +7 if you accurately predict the number of shots; +5, the number of points.
4. Total number of hits in the game tonight? 7 points for closest pick, with 4 points for second. Bonus 5 points if your pick was dead-on!
5. Finally, who wins, and what will the combined score be? 5 points for winner, and 7 points for closest to combined score.
That ought to do it! See you on the other side!