The Rochester Americans will finish up a four-game road trip tonight when they head to Rockford to face the IceHogs, farm club of the Chicago Blackhawks.
- Tonight’s game is the second meeting between the Rochester Americans and Rockford IceHogs this season. It is the final meeting between the teams during the regular season.
- Rochester won the last meeting, 4-1, on January 31 at home.
- The Jan. 31 game marked the first time since 2008-2009 that the Rochester Americans and Rockford IceHogs faced each other.
A LOOK AT THE STANDINGS
- Just two points separate the teams in the standings, but the Amerks have four games in hand.
- Rockford IceHogs: 29-22-5-3, 66 points — 6th in Western Conference
- Rochester Americans: 28-19-4-4, 64 points — 7th in Western Conference
- With 47 days remaining in the AHL regular season, tonight’s game between the conference foes could end up being crucial in the final standings and in playoff seeding.
- Rochester Americans: Phil Varone (44 points), Luke Adam (24 goals), Jamie Tardif (17-17), Johan Larsson (11-22)
- Varone is on a three-game point streak, notching four assists on the Amerks’ road trip so far. Chad Ruhwedel has an assist in each of his last two games, while both Kevin Porter and Luke Adam recently saw their point streaks come to an end – three games and four games, respectively.
- Rockford IceHogs: Adam Clendening (46 points), Jeremy Morin (21 goals), Alex Broadhurst (24 assists), Terry Broadhurst (13-21)
- Morin is definitely the player to watch on Rockford; he’s on a 12-game point streak dating back to February 1, notching 10 goals and nine assists in that stretch. Brandon Pirri is on a nine-game point streak since February 9, notching seven goals and six assists. Defenseman Bobby Shea is on a two-game point streak.
- Rochester defeated Rockford 4-1 in their previous meeting this season. Colton Gillies, Brayden McNabb, Alex Hutchings and Kevin Sundher scored for the Amerks, while Philippe Lefebvre had the lone goal for the IceHogs. It was Matt Hackett versus Jason LaBarbera in goal, with each making 23 and 29 saves, respectively.
- The Amerks are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss to Milwaukee on Sunday. Jamie Tardif had the lone goal for the Amerks, while Nathan Lieuwen had 26 saves in the loss. Rochester is 5-3-1-1 in their last ten games.
- Rockford is coming off consecutive 5-4 losses to the Oklahoma City Barons on Friday and Saturday. Overall, the IceHogs are 7-1-1-1 in their last ten.
- After tonight’s game in Rockford, the Rochester Americans return home to host the Syracuse Crunch on Friday night on Seneca Casinos Legends Night. Former Amerks player Scott Nichol – who went on to play for Buffalo and numerous other teams in the NHL – will be signing autographs prior to the game. Click here for a special $15 ticket offer.
Tonight’s game against the Rockford IceHogs begins at 8 p.m. EST.