That’s all I have to say about Friday’s game between the Buffalo Sabres and the Florida Panthers. Yes, I suppose that game qualified as an NHL game – but just barely. I sure hope we get a better game from Buffalo tonight.
As I wrote in my Behind Enemy Lines piece earlier today, tonight marks the first time that Buffalo native Patrick Kane plays the Sabres since 2010. It’s nice that he gets to do so at home in the 716, in front of fans who will probably be cheering for him more than they will the home team. Hey – that’s a win-win for the hometown crowd. Chicago wins, yay for Kane! If the Sabres win . . . okay, let’s not get carried away here!
In honor of Kane, I have added a special BONUS category tonight. The lucky reader who nails that pick will receive a HUGE boost in the standings, so if you have not played much, or at all, here’s a way to get back in the running for the free t-shirt I have promised to dish out to our final champion!
Questions to consider:
1. Tonight’s over/under: 5.5 Will these two teams combine to score 5 goals or less, or 6 or more? 5 points.
2. Pick any four players who you think will score.
10 points for a player who notches the first goal, 5 points for any player who scores after the first goal, 2 points if the player scores a second goal, 20 points for a hattie! It’s gotta happen sometime!
3. Within 6, how many shots will the Blackhawks have on goal? 5 points.
4. Accurately predict how many points and shots on goals Kane will get tonight. 25 points for each of these, but if you get BOTH right, I’ll give you 75 – yeah, baby!
5. Who wins, and what is the final combined score? 5 points for winner, 7 points for combined score.
Let’s get to work, y’all!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres