Hello Buffalo Sabres fans and welcome back to another edition of Buffalo Sabres fan picks! The Buffalo Sabres are back in
action against the Montreal Canadiens tonight as both teams play back-to-backs tonight. The Sabres lost the Islanders last night while the Canadiens had an exciting come from behind win over the Senators. Can the Sabres upset the Habs and put a dent in their playoff hopes tonight?
The Sabres will also get the chance to face Thomas Vanek for the first time as a member of the Canadiens. The Canadiens are tied with the Tampa Bay Lightning and just one point behind the Toronto Maple Leafs for 3rd in the East, time for the Sabres to play spoiler tonight.
This is my first time doing fan picks and I hope I do Rich justice with tonight’s action/picks, so let’s get down to business and y’all can get your picks in. Remember there is an awesome T-shirt up for grabs.
1. I’m setting tonight’s over/under at 4 tonight. Both teams can score, but both are coming off of tough games last night and Jhonas Enroth has been stellar since taking over from Ryan Miller. Will these two teams combine to score 4 or less, or 5 or more? (5 points)
2. It’s not Sabres related, technically, but let’s have some fun. Will the Canadiens jump into 3rd in the East tonight? Remember the Leafs also play tonight. (7 points)
3. How many points will Thomas Vanek put up tonight against his former, former team? (5 points)
4. I’m going to be nice and allow you to pick 3 players from each team that will score tonight. So pick three players for each team please. 10 points if a player notches the first goal of the night and 6 points for any player who pots one. If a player notches two goals you get 2 extra points and if they net a hatrick 20 points!
5. Who takes more penalties tonight; the pesky little habs or the rebuilding Buffalo Sabres? It’s always chippy when these two teams square-off. (7 points for most penalties and a bonus of 20 points if you predict the combined penalty score)
6. Within 5 predict how many shots the Sabres will have on the Canadiens net tonight. (5 points)
7. Finally, who wins, and what is the final score? 5 points for winner, 7 points for closest to final.
Have some fun and let’s go Buffalo right?