Buffalo Sabres fans, this is the moment we have all been waiting for – the moment of truth.
The Sabres are the worst team in the East. The Edmonton Oilers are the worst team in the West. These two teams have already met once, with the Oilers winning 3-2. If Edmonton can win this match-up and sweep the season series, they can live knowing that they are not the absolute worst team in the NHL. If the Sabres win . . . well, Edmonton still won’t be considered the worst team in the NHL, but they’ll have to live with the fact that they are no that far off, either.
Because, come on: the Sabres are clearly the worst team in the NHL. Don’t try to take that away from us, Oilers fans! We’ve earned this!
Due to the terrible nature of these teams, I will double your points tonight if you make 4 correct picks, and triple them if you make six!
Questions to Consider:
1. I’m going to set the over/under at 5.5. Will these two teams combine to score 5 or less, or 6 and up? 5 pts.
2. Pick three players from each team. 10 pts. for first goal-scorer. 5 pts. for any player who scores after the first goal. 2 pts. for a second goal scored. 20 pts. for the hattie!
3. What will the combined score after the second period be? 7 pts, but only if you nail it.
4. Matt Hackett gets the start tonight. Within 5, how many saves does he make? Within .015 what will his save percentage be? 5 pts. each.
5. Who wins, and what will the combined final score be? 5 pts. for winning team, 7 for combined score.
Hope you East-coast fans can stay up to watch this one! Get your picks in, and let’s go Buffalo!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres