We’re winding things down here at Sabre Noise, and our friendly Buffalo Sabres picks competition is almost in the bag.
Currently, wolfdoctor has accumulated 489 points, which is exactly 100 more than I have, and I’m in second place! Rounding out the top five are dano with 373, Caitlin with 369, and JHizzle75 with 360.
Never fear, however: I feel some bonus points coming on tonight!
Let’s see what I have cooked up for us, starting with bonuses: double points if you get five picks right, and triple if you get seven or more!
Questions to consider:
1. I will set the over/under tonight at 5.5. If Nashville can put up six on the Sabres . . . I shudder to think what Tamp bay might do tonight. Do the two teams combine for 5 or less, or 6 or more? 5 pts.
2. Pick three players from each team. 10 pts. for first goal-scorer. 5 pts. for any player who scores after the first goal. 2 pts. for a second goal scored. 20 pts. for the hattie!
3. What will the combined number of hits be tonight? 7 pts. if you are within 5!
4. Matt Hackett gets the start tonight. Within 5, how many saves does he make? 5 pts.
5. Who wins, and what will the combined final score be? 5 pts. for winning team, 7 for combined score.
The nightly winner usually receives an extra 5 points, but tonight, I will give out 30 extra points to the points leader! Let the games begin!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres