And we’re in the final stretch, Buffalo Sabres fans!
After tonight’s game against the playoffs-bound New York Rangers, the Sabres will only have two more games remaining on their 2013-2014 NHL regular season schedule. There’s literally nothing left for the Sabres to play for now except pride, as both the Rangers and the Boston Bruins (the Sabres’ opponent on Saturday) have already locked up playoff spots, and the New York Islanders (whom the Sabres play on Sunday) have been eliminated.
They’re just playing for pride and a paycheck, baby!
At least we’re still playing for a t-shirt around here!
Questions to consider:
1. I’m setting the over/under to tonight’s game at 5.5 – do these two teams combine to score 5 or less, or 6 or more? 10 pts.
2. Another over/under: the number of shots Buffalo can fire at Henrik Lundqvist. I say 27.5, so does Buffalo get 27 shots or less, or 28 shots or more? 10 pts.
3. Pick any six scorers. 20 pts. if you pick the game’s first goal-scorer; 10 pts. for any player who scores after the first one; 5 pts. extra for a second goal; 30 pts. for the hat trick! Come on – happen at least once this season!
4. How many saves does Matt Hackett make tonight? 10 if you are within five.
5. Finally, who wins, and what will the final combined score be? 10 pts. for the winner, 15 pts. for closest to the score.
Have at ‘em!
Tags: Buffalo Sabres