NBC Sports unveiled its broadcast schedule for the 2014-2015 NHL season on Tuesday, and the Buffalo Sabres are on the schedule numerous times.
Eleven Sabres games in the 2014-2015 season will be broadcast nationally in the United States on NBC Sports Network.
Five Sabres home games and six road games will be televised on NBCSN, with all but three of the games occurring on Tuesdays. Two of the remaining games are Sunday evenings, while the final one is a Monday.
The national broadcasts will see the Sabres compete against ten different opponents, facing the Tampa Bay Lightning twice on NBCSN.\n
The NBCSN full schedule has several recurring matchups being broadcast throughout the season. For instance, four matchups will be broadcast four times EACH — LA/SJS, BOS/DET, CHI/STL and PIT/PHI.
The Sabres matchups will see them face three different division rivals in Tampa Bay, Detroit and Boston.
Buffalo’s national broadcast schedule will see them face several players with their new teams, including Paul Stastny, Taylor Fedun, Brian Boyle, Brooks Orpik, Matt Niskanen and Mike Cammalleri. Former Sabres John Scott and Kevin Porter are also on tab for opponents in the national broadcast.
With the release of the schedule, the times for several Sabres games have been adjusted to accommodate the broadcast.
The Sabres are one of the most-highlighted teams on the NBCSN broadcast schedule, despite their lackluster finish last season.
The Chicago Blackhawks lead the NHL will 20 scheduled appearances.
The Florida Panthers and New York Islanders will not be televised nationally, and just two Canadian teams – Toronto and Montreal – will be on NBCSN.
The Sabres games that will be televised on NBCSN are:
- Tuesday, October 14 at Carolina Hurricanes (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, November 11 at St. Louis Blues (8 pm)
- Tuesday, November 18 vs. San Jose Sharks (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, December 2 vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, December 9 vs. Los Angeles Kings (7:30 pm)
- Sunday, January 18 at Detroit Red Wings (8 pm)
- Sunday, February 15 vs. Philadelphia Flyers (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, February 17 at New Jersey Devils (7:30 pm)
- Tuesday, March 3 at Tampa Bay Lightning (7:30 pm)
- Monday, March 16 vs. Washington Capitals (7 pm)
- Tuesday, March 17 at Boston Bruins (7:30 pm)
Start planning ahead – these games aren’t televised on MSG in Buffalo, just NBCSN. They also aren’t available on NHL Center Ice for out-of-market fans, but you can always tune into NBCSN and turn up your radio to WGR550 to hear the Sabres broadcast team.